Thursday, April 19, 2007

Curtain Call


She grabs me. Wraps herself in me.
In my massive embrace.
I smell her sweetness. I feel the softness of her skin.
We have been here many times
before. In the dark,
behind the scenes,
only when everyone else has gone.

I revealed her
performance. She never fails.
She delights.
I watched her smile, I saw her shine
in front of her audience. Center stage.
Riveting. She comes alive.

I feel the warmth of her tears.
They seep into me
and are hidden. She hides
in me, even though
there is no longer anyone here.
If successful at hiding
then successful at surviving.
Her tears are no longer silent,
she has lost her disguise.
It is just us. She grips me tighter.
I do not respond, I cannot,
I do not know how.
I do not think she needs me to. But I wish I could.

No comments: