Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A new deal

Exciting times here at the Curtisgallery. We will be taking a new approach to this whole "photo thing". One of the things that I (the photographer) enjoy so much about photography is the process through when I decide what to capture. I always get mocked when I describe it as "listening to what the landscape is saying", but dag-nab-it, that's what it seems like. As I engage a space, it just seems like there is something specific that catches my attention, and as I spend more time with that small bit of the landscape, I begin to uncover something special.

Because of that, I have teamed up with a writer (my wife) to have a fictional story created to accompany a photograph (published weekly). We will work together in finding a "spot" that we both connect with, I will document it photographically according to what captivates me, and then a story will be crafted entirely inspired by the final photograph. I am very excited to see how these stories develop, and what new life it will breath into the photos.

A big part of this process will be getting feedback from you. How did you like the story? Did it touch you? How did the photo inspire you? We would love to hear how the story and photo inspired you. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Frankie Franco III said...

:3

/eagerly awaits

peggygib said...

Wonderful, imaginative, beautiful - well done!!! Peggy